Monday, January 17, 2011

Letter #1

Dear Evalyn,
We are only about a month and a half away from finally meeting you! When I first learned that you were on your way into our family I had a mix of emotions. I was concerned that your sister Loreli hadn't had enough time to be the baby of the family and I was concerned that I would be spreading myself too thin with having two children so close in age. All of that worry is gone and I am just ecstatic at the thought of your arrival.
You move around the most at night. I feel like this is our secret time of just you and me. I put both hands on my belly as you roll around, making sure I am well aware you are there and growing bigger each day. When I feel your kicks and rolls I imagine you in my head and what it will be like to snuggle you close to my heart. I want you to know how much you are wanted and how much you are loved, even before you are out in the world. There is nothing I anticipate more than having you in our family.
You will be coming into this world and already have a sibling. You will have a big sister who will be very close to you in age. I know that this will help create a great bond between you two. I want nothing more than for you two to be the best of friends. Through out life relationships and friends will come and go, but your sister will always be your sister. I know that with you two being girls we will see our fair share of battles, but you will always have each other.
Ever since the day your sister was born, I knew our family was not yet complete. I feel like having you in our family will fill that empty space. I want to make it clear that I will never love one of you more than the other. My heart has more than enough love to always love both of you with all that it has to give and I will always do everything that I can to ensure both of you are healthy and happy.
I feel blessed to be able to bring you into a family full of so much love and support. You will learn as you grow that you will never be alone in this world. You will always have a grandparent or aunt or uncle or cousin or some family member who will be there for you if for any reason you can't come to Daddy or I. Both Daddy's family and mine are filled with wonderful supportive people. I know that every family has its arguments or hard times but ours really is a positive bunch.
The next time I write to you will be after you are born. Until then I anxiously await the moment I will get to see your beautiful face and hold you close to me. I love you so incredibly much.
Loving you forever,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment